Foodies at Holyrood
- Telephone 0131 557 6836
- Seasonal times Winter: Mon–Sun 7.30am–5pm; Sat/Sun 10am–5pm. Festival: Mon–Fri 7.30am–7.30pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6pm
- Food served Apr–Sep: Mon–Fri 7.30am–6pm; Sat/Sun 10am–5pm. Oct–Mar: closes 5pm. [Extended in Festival]
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Website www.foodiesatholyrood.com
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Situated a short walk off the Canongate, at the foot of Holyrood Road, Foodies is in a convenient location for Dynamic Earth, Holyrood Park and the Scottish Parliament. With its busy lunch trade, particularly for takeaways, it has more of a pitstop feel than somewhere to sit back and relax awhile. Thanks to its Old Town location and proximity to a number of hotels and businesses, the clientele is a wide mix, and covers a range of ages from kids to pensioners. Quality ingredients include coffee beans from the Bean Shop in Perth, milk from the Fife Creamery and sausages from Edinburgh's own Crombies. The regular menu has something for most tastes, with soups, sandwiches and generous baked potatoes supplemented daily by freshly made cakes.
- High point: The quality of the food
- Low point: Big portions leave no room for dessert
- Delivery: Lunch deliveries - sandwich baskets taken Edinburgh-wide with 24hrs notice
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 42
- Largest group: 16
- Open since: 2009