Earthy Market Store & Café
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 667 2967
- Opening times Mon–Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm. Shop: Mon––Thu 9am–7pm; Fri 9am–7.30pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Seasonal times Extended summer hours
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch)
- Website www.earthy.co.uk
Combining an atmospheric café with an indoor food market, Earthy showcases farm-fresh, local, organic and seasonal produce with a difference.
Combining an atmospheric café with an indoor food market, Earthy showcases farm-fresh, local, organic and seasonal produce. The bright venue has rustic charm - high ceilings, solid wooden tables, exposed beams, an attractive conservatory and spacious garden. Build your own breakfast, or be adventurous with more unusual offerings such as shakshuka, a hearty Middle Eastern dish of baked eggs with smoky aubergine, whipped feta and homemade flat bread. The daily changing lunch menu features colourful salads, sharing boards, sandwiches and savoury tarts. Roasted sweet potato salad is aromatic with cinnamon and orange, while pickled pink onion provides a touch of sourness and walnuts give crunch. Healthy and nourishing savoury dishes pave the way for an indulgent sweet treat to finish, such as triple chocolate brownie – deliciously moist and dense with flaked almonds. Alongside the other Earthy venues (Canonmills bistro/ store and Portobello store) this is a shopping and eating experience with a difference.
- Private dining: 15 in conservatory
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic mix
- Capacity: 45 (60 outdoors)
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2008 (2010 as Earthy Market Café)