- Telephone 0131 629 9868
- Bar open Mon–Thur 8.30am–midnight; Fri 8.30am–1am; Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri 10am–3pm, 6–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.thewestroom.co.uk
Cosy neighbourhood bar, perfect for those nights when you want to take it easy.
Edinburgh is blessed with lots of brilliant wee neighbourhood bars. What The WestRoom does so well is make you believe that you belong in this one, even when you’re miles away from home. In fact, if its clever mix of interior design you wish you had in your living room; compact but competent menu; and absolutely faultless, responsive service (nothing vegan on the menu? Call ahead for a set menu of your very own) doesn’t get you fantasising about your very own pied à terre in the West End, nothing will. This is a place to while away an afternoon with a few nibbles, to grab a quick bite and a wine after work, or to linger over brunch at the weekend. Solid, reliable and none the worse for that: it might even get you humming the theme tune from Cheers as you step through the door.
- High point: Call ahead with dietary requirements; they'll adapt with a smile
- Low point: Realising you don't live round the corner when you've missed the last bus home
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid-back vibes
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle