- Telephone 0131 629 9868
- Bar open Mon–Wed 8.30am–midnight; Thu–Sat 8.30am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8.30am–10pm; Sat/Sun 9am–10pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.thewestroom.co.uk
Cosy neighbourhood bar, perfect for those nights when you want to take it easy.
The WestRoom is aptly named: it’s in the West End (duh!) and if you lived nearby it might well become your second, and preferred, living room. It’s a winning combination of stylish and cosy, with an art deco feel to the bar itself and covetable featured items like gigantic patterned lightshades. It’s many things to many people: office workers stop by for morning coffee or prosecco after work; weekend families brunch; and pals catch up watching the rugby or relaxing over wine and food. The menu covers all bases too, with small plates and a petite but well-executed selection of fish and meat mains such as ox cheek pie and mash. The drinks are appealing too, with plenty of wines by the glass and an appetising list of cocktails.
- High point: A safe choice for many occasions
- Low point: Which could maybe take a risk or two
- Notable dish: Smoky haddock croquettes
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 80s music
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £19.50 per bottle