Boteco do Brasil
The buoyant and cool Boteco serves up tropical treats with unfettered fun.
Large groups are commonplace in the Trongate’s little slice of South America: Boteco do Brasil. This loud and convivial bar has built up a steadfast fan base of Glaswegians keen to keep partying after the pubs close, but not quite in the mood to hit the club. This is a place where food very much plays second fiddle to the fruity cocktails and party atmosphere. There are a few nods to the bar’s Brazilian heritage across the menu’s pages with options such as pão de queijo – a starter of breaded cheese balls originally from the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais – and brigadeiro, Brazil’s most popular dessert consisting of chocolate truffles made with a blend of condensed milk and dark chocolate, topped with coconut flakes. Otherwise the food on offer is pretty standard pub grub – their burgers are particularly popular. Open until 3am seven nights a week, you get the sense that Boteco do Brasil is not interested in courting a foodie crowd, this is place to drink cocktails, dance and have fun into the early hours.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin American, Brazilian, reggaetron, salsa
- Live entertainment: Wed salsa dancing, open mic nights, DJs, Fri/Sat 8.30pm–11pm live music, Mardi Gras
- Capacity: 60 (14 outdoors)
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15.50 per bottle