- Telephone 0141 221 7705
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–3am. Closed Sun unless event on
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–8pm Closed Sun (unless event on)
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.theadmiralbar.com
Traditional bar hosting folk music, pub quizzes, live sports and club nights, with generous burgers, stone-baked pizzas and seriously cheesy macaroni.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
This traditionally fronted bar located in the city's financial district doesn't need attention-grabbing A-boards to draw in crowds for lunch or post-work drinks. Inside the domed ceiling is reminiscent of a ship's hull, with stained-glass windows hinting at the buildings maturity. The menu offers generously portioned burgers, pizzas and sandwiches, with a weekly selection of specials. The New Yorker ciabatta is crammed with pastrami, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese while the Wolf of Waterloo Street burger tops a high-quality beef patty with a hefty slab of haggis and a wheel of chorizo. Behind the bar there's a focus on Scottish craft beer and Scottish gins, as well as a growing selection of rum choices. With several booths equipped with their own TVs, tables book up fast for big games. A pub quiz, live folk and regular club nights in the venue complete the live entertainment.
- High point: Original burger topping combinations
- Low point: Draught beer a little uninspiring
- Notable dish: The Wolf of Waterloo Street burger – beef burger, haggis, chorizo, mozzarella, chilli sauce
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Disco, funk, 80s and 90s indie.
- Live entertainment: Live folk, club nights, quiz night
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £10 per bottle
There are 4 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
"With the arrival of The Emigrant, Ben Glover is a fully realized artist in the prime of his creative life. His singing is so full of feeling it's nearly primal; his songs resonate deep in the core. This album is Ben's manifesto, and it's tragic and triumphant and brave." GRETCHEN PETERS "It's a magnificent album….that…
Dive into the festive season at Massaoke's legendary Christmas singalong party. Sing your heart out with the rest of the crowd as our brilliant live band play two tinsel-tastic sets packed with holiday hits including Wham!, Slade, Wizzard and many more. Then dance your novelty socks off to the greatest tunes from…
Happy Moo Year
Our first fundraiser night, uniting vegans and anyone looking for a cruelty-free Christmas/New Year party! Supporting Earthlings Experience Scotland, Save Movement Scotland and Go Vegan Scotland, grab your ticket and join us for a night of fantastic music, brilliant company - not forgetting the obligatory seasonal…
The Pretty Ugly girls play sexy, glamorous indie rock'n'roll, electro beats, 60s soul and experiment with some new artists to get everyone in the mood for dirty dancing.