- Telephone 0131 226 6343
- Seasonal times Extended for Festival, Christmas, New Year
- Bar open Mon–Sun 4pm–1am.
- Website www.bramblebar.co.uk
Candle-lit, speakeasy basement bar for the adventurous drinker or cocktail connoisseur.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Like a fruit between the thorns, Bramble bursts with flavour. Once found – which is a triumph in itself – Bramble goes on to push the boundaries of taste sensation with the likes of pancetta-washed Laird’s Applejack and salted caramel green tea vodka. But don’t be put off by these unusual ingredients. Everything from the sweetness of the Butter-Scotch cocktail to the tangy explosion of the citrusy Beverley Jane has been tried and tested by the knowledgeable bartenders, earning its place on the carefully constructed 22-item list. These exquisite concoctions are just as whacky as Bramble’s drinking vessels, which come in the form of quaint teacups on martini glass stems, amongst other inventions. This unique candle-lit haven is brought to life by contemporary hip-hop music, and while perhaps it’s fair to say Bramble will test your comfort zone, you’d be a fool to accidentally walk past.
- High point: Friendly mixologists to guide you
- Low point: You’ll have to fight for the intimate cubbyholes
- Notable dish: Only Exception
- Provides: Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Contemporary rap and hip-hop.
- Live entertainment: DJs on Fri and Sat 9pm-1am
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: No reservations
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle