This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 357 3071
- Opening times Mon–Sat, noon–midnight; Sun, 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu 4–10pm; Fri–Sun 12.30pm–10pm.
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.bargambrino.co.uk
With the same owners as the popular Italian restaurant opposite, it’s part of a cluster of bars along Great Western Road that could form a varied itinerary for a night out. Offering an attractive selection of Northern European beer with a weekly special, it’s the Scottish-brewed Williams Brothers on tap that hits the spot. The pizzas are above average as you might expect – fresh, light and stonebaked they seem to be a popular choice across the tables. The burgers are also a pleasant surprise – juicy, home-made and nicely seasoned while the veggie option is an unusual three lentil-blend which, despite not quite being as visually gastronomic as the description, still disappears quickly. The recent addition of a tapas menu shows a willingness to break away from a tired bar menu routine and they make good appetisers or light bites on an enjoyable night out.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock/Classic Rock/Soul/Blues
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Neighbourhood Watch: Great Western Road, Glasgow19 Dec 2011
Including The Captain's Rest, The Belle and Lupe Pintos
What’s it like? One big road full of pubs, cafés and little shops. Flats are mostly old tenements above the bars, restaurants and stores which go up most of the road. Where’s it, like? In the West End, a stone’s throw from Woodlands and Byres Road.