- Telephone 0141 221 5557
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am–10pm
- Food served Mon–Wed 9am–8pm; Thu–Sat 9am–10pm; Sun 11am–8pm
- Average price £9 (lunch); £9 (evening meal)
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Tinderbox’s original Byres Road coffeshop café opened in 1998 but the interior still feels contemporary and enticing. No food is prepared on the premises though, with savoury options being either pre-prepared sandwiches or salad/noodle bowls. It’s an extra £1.50 to eat-in with a sandwich, which includes a packet of unbranded crisps and a small pot of mayonnaise. Mayonnaise with a sandwich being treated as a form of bonus could raise an eyebrow or two. Tinderbox’s cakes feel much better on the eye, the tastebuds, and the pocket. As well as usual favourites like carrot cake, there are also more unusual but equally delicious options like a parsnip version, as well as a range of tempting-looking cupcakes. People looking for a café to work in should be aware that none of Tinderbox’s three branches offer free WiFi, only paid.
- High point: Delicious cakes
- Low point: No free WiFi
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 109
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14.20 per bottle