- Telephone 0141 413 2231
- Food served Mon–Sat 11.30am–10pm; Sun noon–10pm
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.yosushi.com
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
The long snaking conveyor belt of brightly coloured plates, bright lighting, and big flat screens flashing Japanese cartoons can make entering any Yo! Sushi a little like visiting a kitsch hi-tech Japanese factory. The extensive sushi menu comes with detailed descriptions and suggestions for dish combinations for newbies, and well-trained staff are on hand to aid those not familiar with the set up – the greeting, ‘Have you been to a Yo! Sushi before?’ may make it seem like visiting a Japanese Harvester, but an explanation of the various buttons, water fountains condiments and colour-codes explains the corporate philosophy and adds to the fun. In addition to a variety of sushi rolls, sashimi, and salad bowls, the hot menu offers a range of deep-fried dishes, soups and noodles for those not totally comfortable with the cold/raw fish idea. Beef tataki sashimi is well matched with its coriander dressing, salmon dragon rolls are both colourful and fresh tasting, and chicken katsu curry, a best seller, is delightfully moreish. The relaxed setting and the fun atmosphere can make it easy to lose time and reach for that extra plate.
- High point: Clean flavours and consistency of experience
- Low point: Seeing someone else snatch the plate you’ve had your eye on
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: retro pop
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14.40 per bottle