The Holyrood 9A
- Telephone 0131 556 5044
- Opening times Mon–Thu 10am–midnight; Fri/Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: 3am licence.
- Bar open Sun–Thu 9am–midnight; Fri/Sat 9am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–11.30pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.theholyrood.co.uk
A modern, traditional bar in the Old Town where good burgers and beer dominate.
One thing comes to mind when you hear Holyrood 9A: burgers. The pub has a well-earned reputation as one of the city's best burger joints with over 16 meaty (and veggie) options on the menu, showcasing haggis, halloumi and everything in between. It’s also a hotspot for beer lovers, with 25 taps of rotating brews which showcase local and international ales, ciders and beers. In the ever-changing world of booze, they do try to always feature beer from two of the pub's favourite brewers – Fallen and Barney’s. Otherwise, check the blackboard for the flavour of the month. If you're in a little early for burgers and beer, fear not: there's a good breakfast on offer, too. The veggie breakfast is substantial, with vegetarian haggis, quorn sausage and the rest, while the Holyrood is a slap-up full Scottish. Beer, burgers and big breakfasts: it's a winning combination, alright.
- Delivery: via Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie
- Capacity: 108
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best burgers in Edinburgh22 May 2018
We've done the tough job of testing out Edinburgh's burger restaurants to give you our best picks
Although Edinburgh jumped on the burger bandwagon sometime after Glasgow, it has done a fierce job at catching up. New independent burger bars are battling queues at the door, chain restaurants are branching out around the city and old favourites are…