The Holyrood 9A
- Telephone 0131 556 5044
- Opening times Mon–Thu 10am–midnight; Fri/Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: 3am licence.
- Bar open Sun–Thu 9am–midnight; Fri/Sat 9am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–11.30pm.
- Website www.theholyrood.co.uk
A modern, traditional bar in the Old Town where good burgers and beer dominate.
One thing comes to mind when you hear Holyrood 9A: burgers. The pub has a well-earned reputation as one of the city's best burger joints with over 16 meaty (and veggie) options on the menu, showcasing haggis, halloumi and everything in between. It’s also a hotspot for beer lovers, with 25 taps of rotating brews which showcase local and international ales, ciders and beers. In the ever-changing world of booze, they do try to always feature beer from two of the pub's favourite brewers – Fallen and Barney’s. Otherwise, check the blackboard for the flavour of the month. If you're in a little early for burgers and beer, fear not: there's a good breakfast on offer, too. The veggie breakfast is substantial, with vegetarian haggis, quorn sausage and the rest, while the Holyrood is a slap-up full Scottish. Beer, burgers and big breakfasts: it's a winning combination, alright.
- Delivery: via Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie
- Capacity: 108
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle