Rufflets Country House Hotel
- Telephone 01334 472594
- Seasonal times closed first two weeks of January
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5.30-6.30pm, 7–9.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–2.30pm, 7–9.30pm, Sun 12.30–2pm, 5.30-6.30pm, 7–9.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5.30–6.30pm.
- Average price £13.95 (set lunch); £25 (set evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price Two courses £14.95, three courses £17.95
- Website www.rufflets.co.uk
A four-star hotel in a turreted mansion just outside St Andrews which has offered golf breaks, weddings and fine dining since 1952.
Set just outside St. Andrews is the four-star Rufflets Country House Hotel, a turreted mansion which has offered golf breaks, weddings and fine dining since 1952. Twenty-four bedrooms, self-catering lodges, spacious gardens and dog-friendly grounds make Rufflets a favourite with locals and international visitors. Menus include a pre-theatre bar supper and two- and three-course lunches and dinners in the terraced restaurant. The dining room embodies a romantic air with red and white striped walls, rose carpeting and white tables. Dishes have a colourful yet delicate presentation and the chef’s seafood creations won’t disappoint. For starters, a Scottish salmon roulade with a crab filling comes dotted with capers and a lemony herb salad. A goat’s cheese soufflé, warm in the centre, arrives with lines of pesto dressing and tiny cubed sun-blushed tomatoes. Seared Scottish sea trout lies atop a bed of leek and smoked haddock risotto, enlivened by slivers of pancetta and a herb and shallot dressing. For dessert, one can enjoy a sumptuous cheese plate or a velvety rhubarb crème brûlée. For those needing a luxurious break away from the boisterous university town, Rufflets is a promising option.
A country-house hotel incorporating a romantic dining room serving up colourful yet delicate dishes with seafood a speciality.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: classical music
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: built in 1924, became hotel in 1952
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £22.00 per bottle
Events at this venue
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Tasting with Buffet
Discover 13 champagnes and sparkling wines that have been selected by wine expert Rose Murray Brown, plus indulge in a two-course buffet in the Garden Suite of Rufflets Country House Hotel.
Fri 16 Nov
£70 / 07984 893138
Ticket includes 13 champagnes and sparkling wines to taste and a finger buffet