Treacle Bar and Kitchen
A buzzy bar with a lot to offer, Treacle’s creative cocktails and menus inspired by the east rarely disappoint.
Broughton Street boasts more than its fair share of good eating and drinking establishments, and a recently updated Treacle continues to hold its own as one of the most popular. Cocktails with tongue in cheek monikers pack a flavoursome punch, with the likes of fresh tarragon, curry leaf and celery bitters cropping up in the mix. Far-flung influences dominate the menu, from banh mi and nasi goreng to pho and poke. Ingredients like grapefruit dust and massaged kale are amusing if nothing else, but the combinations – like hot-smoked salmon, watermelon, red chilli and lime – really work, while veggies and vegans are catered for with tasty offerings like squash rojak. From brunch to late night beats, the friendly team manage day’s transitions well, making this a great spot to catch up whatever the time.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: old school upbeat, hip-hop
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 20 (eating)
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £16 per bottle