- Telephone 0141 237 7931
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–8pm; Sun 11am–8pm.
- Average price £3.95 (soup and sandwich deal Mon–Fri noon-5pm); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.neighbourhoodbar.co.uk
Two-for-one burgers and pizzas all day every day are the main draw of this Finnieston bar-kitchen. Boxy and bright, Neighbourhood is not an immediately obvious choice for a low-key meal, though a side dining room offers a little more privacy. Cocktails, premium beers and multiple screens for live football – couches, fake grass and big teles on the pavement outside made this a hotspot for watching last summer’s World Cup – are all big draws for the drinker, though food is the establishment’s stock-in-trade, mostly thanks to those cheap eats. For lunch there’s discount soup and panini deals. A Tex-Mex strand running through the menu includes a nacho stack starter that’s big enough to share, and a main course of garlicky quesadillas – a thin tortilla sandwich filled with layers of chicken, chorizo and stringy melted cheese, served with sour cream and salsa. A refit of the open kitchen, due around the time of going to press, will see an upgrade from electricity to gas facilities and a subsequent rehaul of the menu.
- High point: Very snappy service
- Low point: Draughty in the separate dining room
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House, lounge
- Live entertainment: Occasionally DJs at weekends.
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle