La Vita Spuntini
- Telephone 0141 339 4222
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–11pm
- Pre-theatre times Until 6.30pm
- Average price £6.99 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £4.95 pizza/pasta; £6.99 three tapas
- Website www.lavitapizzeria.co.uk
West End Italian with a huge selection of small plates for sharing, as well as more substantial Italian staples.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Focusing on Italian ‘spuntini’, which roughly translates as ‘snacks’, this West End branch of Glasgow’s La Vita group is great for diners who have a hard time making up their minds. With a huge menu of small plates, customers could easily be bamboozled by the inordinate amount of choice, although since sharing is encouraged it’s possible to sample a wide variety. Italian scotch egg has a lovely runny yolk, although the Italian sausage meat doesn’t taste too different from regular Scottish. Grilled asparagus comes with a sticky balsamic glaze, and coniglio cacciatora, a traditional Italian Hunter's’ stew has tender pieces of rabbit in a sweet tomato sauce. A wide selection of pizzete, 5-inch Neapolitan-style pizzas, is on offer, billed as being cooked ‘bucca de leone’ (from the lion’s mouth). And indeed they are – a quick glance over to the bar will reveal a huge pizza oven shaped like a Lion’s head. With friendly waiting staff and traditional Italian surroundings, La Vita Spuntini is an ideal venue for a meal shared with family or friends.
- High point: Sampling a wide variety of dishes
- Low point: Choice can be overwhelming
- Notable dish: Coniglio cacciatora
- Delivery: from £1.75
- Private dining: Up to 22 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: ecelectic easy listening
- Live entertainment: live music occasionaly
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 18
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle