- Telephone 0131 662 0135
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.45am–8.30pm; Sat/Sun 8.30am–8pm
- Average price £7.50 (lunch)
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Bang in the middle of studentville, Kilimanjaro has a laid-back vibe, conducive to whiling away an afternoon reading and nattering or making a start on that essay. The chunky tables, worn wooden chairs and leather sofas are comfy and inviting and the menu, while nothing fancy, is tasty, reliable and attractively served. A wide choice of soups (Thai chicken, butternut squash), paninis (grilled veg, tomato and onion chutney, mozzarella) and sandwiches (ham, gruyère, cider apple chutney) sit beside classic all-day breakfasts and tall fruity smoothies. Service is speedy and friendly, even when it’s extremely busy, and staff will do their best to adapt dishes to your requirements. Kilimanjaro has a bit of a following for its coffee, and deservedly so, for this is where the café really shines. Beautifully presented, with a bit of luck it will have been made for you by award-winning barista, owner Jonathan Sharp.
- High point: The flat white
- Low point: You might have to wait for a table
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: ambient
- Capacity: 50
- Open since: 2005