Rocksalt Café Deli
- Telephone 0131 554 9873
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Having recently come under new management, spacious and elegantly high-ceilinged Rocksalt appears to be undergoing a process of wedding its repertoire of more typical lunchtime favourites to an increasing Turkish influence brought in with the new owners. Amid one of Leith’s more attractively spacious dining areas, a standard all-day breakfast menu of fry-ups and French toast is extended to include eggs Benedict and Florentine at the weekend, while long-serving mains include reasonably priced salads, burgers and omelettes. Most pride, however, appears to have been taken in the authentic mezze dishes and a hearty homemade moussaka, all of which are freshly homemade in the kitchen onsite, while the baklava is satisfyingly nutty and honey-smothered.
- High point: A bright, spacious, relaxing space
- Low point: A sense that the old and new directions of the business are still being integrated
- Delivery: Large orders only
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2012