Stylish bar showcasing a great gin collection; also specialises in steaks and burgers cooked in “Bertha” the charcoal oven.
Situated alongside the University, this stylish cocktail bar attracts a broader demographic than you might expect. A slate-clad bar and expansive windows give a bright and modern feel to what can be a busy wee space. If it’s peace and tranquillity you’re after then best to nab a booth seat, especially if there are events on or large tables in. A visit here should be compulsory for anyone with even a passing interest in gin; the bar holds more than 200 bottles from around the world. Fortunately the clued-up and approachable bar team will happily guide your choices. Meanwhile, from the kitchen, “Bertha” (a blisteringly hot charcoal oven) sends out a steady stream of well-presented gourmet burgers and steaks, all served with beautifully crispy skin-on chips. Look out also for their gin master classes and a seasonal secret gin garden, which provides a botanical haven during the festival.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: soul, disco, club classics
- Live entertainment: Gin classes
- Capacity: 80 (100 outdoors)
- Largest group: 150 standing; 55 seated
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £17 per bottle