- Telephone 0131 225 6854
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–6pm; Sat 8.30am–6pm; Sun 9.30am–6pm.
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
After a recent refurb, the focus at the Wellington Café is even more firmly on the best coffee they can coax from a bean. Panini and bacon rolls have gone; the food now consists simply of excellent daily delivered brownies, sizeable scones and tray bakes from sister joint Project Coffee. This leaves time and space for two grinders: a regular filled with Square Mile, doyenne of the coffee world (Wellington swear they’re the only café outside England to stock this), and a guest grinder often featuring Has Bean’s Red Brick, of World Barista Championship fame. For non-coffee lovers they do a mean hot chocolate, as well as good Waterloo Gardens tea. If you want to know more about your daily caffeine fix, just ask the baristas and let their enthusiasm shine through.
- High point: Star quality at cheaper prices than the chains
- Low point: Very limited space and regular queues
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Mixed 'easy listening'
- Capacity: 17
- Open since: 2008