St Vincent Bar
This old-fashioned, wood-panelled basement bar on the boundary of the New Town and Stockbridge is unremarkable in many ways, but all the more charming for its sense of elegant unpretentiousness. In fact, it’s a classic local boozer squirrelled away in the heart of the city. There are three cask ales on tap and enough of a range of spirits to keep the regulars going, but what’s different about the St Vincent is its place as a partner in the Feed mini-chain. That means that while some of their attention is focused on their bustling city centre bar Nightcap, Feed’s full American-style menu of burgers (beef, halloumi or bean) and sides including chicken wings, blackened corn and chilli cheese fries is available here.
- High point: Classic pub with a contemporary burger menu
- Low point: More of a local than a destination bar
- Notable dish: #feed beefburger with bacon, smoked cheese, pickle and pepper mayo.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/new-town/feed
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Occasional acoustic blues sessions.
- Capacity: 50
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £18 per bottle