- Telephone 0141 334 6671
- Opening times Mon–Sat 7.30am–7pm; Sun 9am–7pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 7.30am–7pm; Sun 9am–7pm
- Average price £6.65 (set lunch)
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
It’s a near certainty that, regardless of time of day, if you walk past S’mug there will be always be several occupied tables. With students grabbing a syrup-infused caffeine fix before returning to the library, groups of friends chatting over bagels and cake and early birds reclining with a newspaper and a waffle before work, the café has a broad appeal and is hugely successful when it comes to satisfying the customer needs. Bagels filled generously with classic combinations such as hummus and roasted vegetables, and spicy Mexican chicken, are the main speciality, and are served alongside a pile of tortilla chips and a creamy coleslaw. The cleverly arranged secluded outdoor seating area is a surprising sun trap in the warmer months.
- High point: Huge choice of hot drinks
- Low point: Staff kept so busy that service can suffer
- Notable dish: Filled bagels
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: singer songwriter/chilled out pop
- Capacity: 28 in / 20 out
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- BYOB: £0.50 corkage