- Telephone 0141 339 7180
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–10.30pm
- Average price £16 (lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.delizique.com
Relaxed café-style atmosphere opening from 8am, with local produce, interesting dishes and an ever-changing menu.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Whether breakfast, lunch, coffee or cake, Cafezique is the go-to destination in Hyndland for artisan dishes, quality produce and cracking baked goods. A steady stream of customers come and go from breakfast time, which is served until 5pm for those who enjoy a long lie in, as varieties of French toast, eggs every way possible and homemade granola turn into lunch salads, sandwiches, burgers and quiche along with nibbles and bistro favourites such as macaroni cheese and mussels – plump, from Shetland and fresh as you could wish, a delicate garlic and cream sauce is light enough to let one fully appreciate the sea freshness of the shellfish. Mini cheese fondue is a one guilty pleasure not to be missed, oozing with comte, parmesan, manchego it is a gloopy stringy delight, served with their own homemade bread from the deli next door. The fruit in the crumble will change from day to day but it is the topping that stands out, packed with oats, dark brown sugar and maple toasted nuts, simple but delicious, better than granny’s.
- High point: Ever-changing menu
- Low point: Can be draughty at window seats
- Notable dish: Cheese fondue, sourdough soldiers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: 60's Rock n Roll
- Capacity: 58
- Largest group: 14
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Cafézique19 Jun 2008
If a deli is trying to tempt you to spend a bit more than you might at a supermarket on the basis that their food is better selected, in better condition and better quality, then you’d fully expect a partner café alongside to be operating under similar…