- Telephone 0141 332 6789
- Food served Mon–Sun 2–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 3–6pm
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
- Website www.kamasutrarestaurants.com
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Ideally situated for those visiting the Kings Theatre or O2 ABC, Torres adds a touch of the Mediterranean to Sauchiehall Street. Expect a warm welcome from the friendly staff who beckon you in to the restaurant adorned with flamenco posters and bullfighting mementos. An extensive tapas menu contains all the expected favourites, along with a number of quirkier components. The Mexican tapas selection throws up a number of more adventurous dishes, the pollo a la Mexicana con nata – chicken strips in a creamy white wine sauce – particularly hits the spot. Likewise, the arroz a la Mexicana, a Mexican take on paella, provides a tempting alternative to more conventional yet equally enticing dishes, such as tortilla Española and albondigas, lamb meatballs, which arrive in a generous pool of tomato sauce. For couples and small groups, the £34.95 set menu comprising ten tapas dishes offers exceptional value, with goat’s cheese drizzled in sweet chilli sauce a particularly appealing inclusion.
- High point: Lively atmosphere and welcoming staff
- Low point: Quality of dishes a little varied
- Notable dish: Champinones rellenos - mushrooms, chorizo and black pudding
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Spanish pop music
- Capacity: 42
- Largest group: 42
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle