- Telephone 0845 166 6011
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.ketchupwest.co.uk
Cheap and cheerful burgers and sides and sweet things, all at West End student-friendly value for money, with late opening hours to match.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The G1 Group’s bright and loud but somewhat dowdy-looking Ashton Lane burger diner Ketchup is due a needed refurbishment sometime in 2016, with a new menu coming in as well. But expect the broad strokes of what they do to remain much the same – cheap and cheerful burgers and sides and sweet things, all at good value for the students and young people throbbing the area, and with late opening hours to match – making it a good shout for a post-pub sober-me-up. Such is their position in the marketplace, Ketchup’s cup doesn’t exactly runneth over when it comes to quality. We’ll say just one word when it comes to the fries and that word is ‘McCain’, while milkshakes are more milk than shake. But you’ll get a hearty good feed out of one of their toppings-stuffed beef, chicken and veggie burgers, such as the hickory-smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese and green peppercorn sauce bedecked Incredible Hulk. Beers-wise they don’t disappoint with Innis & Gunn and Brooklyn by the can, and draft Pilsner Urquell poured in chunky tankards.
- High point: Staff very attentive to dietary requirements
- Low point: A toilet seat hanging off
- Notable dish: The Incredible Hulk
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mainstream dance-pop
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle