The Mill Inn
- Telephone 01899 220950
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–9pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–9pm.
- Average price £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.themillinncoulter.co.uk
Located on the site of an old grain mill, parts of which date back to the 12th century, the Mill Inn is gloriously photogenic, which partly explains its popularity as a venue for weddings and other special events. Inside, sturdy wooden tables are spread out on a bright red tartan carpet giving it a couthy charm. The occasional chill may just be a draft rather than something more otherworldly, although legend has it that the ghost of a former miller, Robert Forrest, still rattles around the building. The menu is divided into neat sections, including small plates, local dishes, pub classics and grilled meats. Local produce features heavily in dishes such as Coulter pheasant wrapped in Ramsay bacon and the chef’s homemade haggis with neeps and tatties. Desserts are a house speciality, with homemade toffee and tablet cheesecake providing a sugar rush to challenge the sweetest tooth. Finish with a dram from the whisky bar's comprehensive selection of malts or even buy a bottle to take home.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: Negotiable - available for weddings and large functions
- Open since: 2008