- Telephone 0131 661 1946
- Food served Mon–Sun 4.30pm–midnight.
- Typical order Shredded beef with green peppers and chilli sauce (£5.20)
- Website www.ricebox.biz
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Easter Road’s Ricebox is a top-quality Chinese takeaway. The menu is as extensive as you could hope for, with a variety of standard and inventive dishes including a thorough range of pak choi and tofu options. Meals can be delivered or picked up and are completed with complementary movie-style fortune cookies and wooden chopsticks. Helpfully, Ricebox marks its menu with gluten-free choices and options where they can use the gluten-free soy sauce substitute tamari, if requested. Spicy dishes, meals containing nuts and veggie dishes are highlighted on the menu as well. Online ordering is also available.
- High point: Free fortune cookies
- Low point: Some dishes can be too oily
- Delivery: Free citywide; minimum order £10.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions