Mora Bar & Kitchen
- Telephone 0141 560 2070
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm
- Average price £17.50 (lunch); £17.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.morabarandkitchen.com
Casual Italian bar and restaurant in Finnieston, with classy cocktails and a regularly changing menu offering tapas-style or traditional dining.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Having recently undergone a rebranding, Mora Bar and Kitchen, formerly Lamora, is an understatedly classy bar-restaurant in the heart of Glasgow’s Finnieston area. It’s a reassuringly small menu for an Italian diner, where a selection of starters or smaller versions of mains can be ordered to share tapas-style over drinks. For something more substantial, their grill section offers some serious protein, with rib-eye steak or chilli and garlic grilled king prawns. Around half a dozen pizzas come on a handmade base with a variety of enticing toppings. Steamed mussels are served with a tomato, garlic and chilli sauce, which fairly packs a punch with bold flavours and a spicy kick. Lobster ravioli is more subtle, but equally delicious, with the addition of basil giving a savoury bite to a tomato and cream reduction. Mora’s innovative use of flavours reaches into their cocktail menu of Italian classics as well as ‘Mora favourites’, with more unusual ingredients, such as rosemary-infused gin. If you’re more of a traditionalist drinker, a comprehensive list of Italian wines and a good beer selection is also on offer.
- High point: Small but versatile menu
- Low point: Slightly dubious background music
- Notable dish: Lobster ravioli
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Staff playlists
- Live entertainment: DJs at weekends, accoustic nights during the week
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50 for food, 100 for drinks
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle