Mora Bar & Kitchen
Casual Italian bar and restaurant, with classy cocktails and a changing menu offering modern and traditional dining.
Raised benches, wooden tables, and fairy light-dressed pillars greet you at this Finnieston restaurant and bar, while lighting is pleasantly dusky, but not so dark that you've to grab the nearest candle to read the menu. Staff are swift and knowledgeable without being overbearing, and not only know the changing menu inside out, but are passionate about sourcing ingredients from Glasgow’s local larder. The one-page menu is a refreshing sight compared to the dusty tomes often presented, and hosts a mix of modern choices. Tempura king prawns balance precariously on a tiny plate to exaggerate their size, boasting a light batter and a garlic aioli so moreish, you’ll be lucky if it lasts until your final prawn. Try the Garganega wine, touted as a staff favourite, and pair it with the mushroom agnolotti – a sage butter veritably drools over the hand-made pasta parcels, topped with a blob of mascarpone and scattering of walnuts. To finish, the chocolate brownie, doused in mascarpone, espresso caramel and caramelised orange, is an ultra-sweet finish.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled during weekdays, up-tempo and contemporary on weekends
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 20 for food, 30 for drinks
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle