Mora Bar & Kitchen
Casual Italian bar and restaurant in Finnieston, with classy cocktails and a regularly changing menu offering tapas-style or traditional dining.
Since their name change from Lamora in 2015, Mora has gone from strength to strength, helped by a change of image fusing funky cocktail bar with Italian tapas restaurant. Décor is suitably hip, befitting Finnieston, while service is upbeat from energetic waiting staff. A handful of fish, meat and vegetarian tapas combine with pasta dishes, served also in main-course sizes, plus a half-dozen pizzas. Tempura king prawns are large and fresh, dipped in a rich garlic aioli, while seafood linguine, crammed with mussels, scallops, prawns and clams, bursts with chilli, garlic and tangy capers, silky butter sauce binds the dish beautifully – it may be the best of its kind in the city. Pappardelle bound in beef and veal râgout, pork cheeks on lemon and parmesan crostino and shellfish risotto are equally as good. Finish with cannoli, piped full of creamy ricotta and flavoured with zesty Sicilian lemons. If the mood is not for dessert, roughly a dozen unusual cocktails are on offer such as Cocco Caffé Martini – a tasty blend of coconut rum, coffee liqueur and espresso.
- High point: Exceptional Italian tapas with unsual and delicious cocktails
- Low point: Can be noisy when very busy
- Notable dish: Seafood linguine
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Live entertainment: DJs the occasional weekend
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 60 for food, 100 for drinks
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle