- Telephone 01620 843168
- Seasonal times Closed Mon & Tue in winter
- Food served Wed–Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm; Mon 9am–5pm; Tue closed. Closed Tue
- Website www.falko.co.uk
Wee kaffeehaus with outstanding range of German breads and hand-made cakes.
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
This Gullane offshoot of Konditormeister Falko’s Edinburgh-based bakery is a haven (should that be heaven?) for all things bread and cake. It’s an intimate corner café, brightened with touches of tartan and a rustic scattering of baking paraphernalia. Kuchen might include traditionally made apfel strudel, while the 20-or so hand-made cakes are authentic master-baker confections of whipped cream, chocolate, choux pastry and the like. Breads vary daily, and a short menu of savoury brunch and snack items might showcase today’s rye, spelt or crusty Hunter’s loaf. Tables are in high demand, so the takeaway option for a special picnic or artisan loaf to take home is a bonus.
- Provides: Children's high chairs
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: 13.90 per bottle