- Telephone 01721 724477
- Food served Sun–Wed 10am–4.30pm; Thu–Sat 10am–4.30pm, 6–9pm.
- Average price £20 (lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.ossorestaurant.com
Skilled and thoughtful cooking from this smart, contemporary Peebles café-restaurant.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Peebles' smart, contemporary café-restaurant Osso’s reputation comes from skilled, thoughtful cooking of local, seasonal ingredients, pitched at reasonable, out-of-town prices. The menu heralds intriguing delights like artichoke risotto, crispy skins, truffle and black trompette tapenade to start, followed by Border pigeon with roasted heritage carrots, and then rosewater panacotta with pistachio, honeycomb and pomegranate to finish. There are simple dishes too, so if you’d rather, there are bacon butties, fish and chips and mash and gravy alongside the parmesan and truffle chips or sweet potato and coconut curry flatbread. Whether it’s a light lunch, simple afternoon scone or an elegant three-course dinner, care and conscientious sourcing shine out.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 37
- Largest group: 37
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14 per bottle