- Box office 0131 229 2442
- General enquiries 0131 229 2442
- Opening times Mon 5–11pm; Tue & Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–10pm.
- Seasonal times Late licence for Edinburgh Festivals/festive period
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am–1am.
- Food served Sun–Thu 10am–9.30pm; Fri–Sat 10am–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun noon–7pm
- Average price £12.50 (set lunch); £16.50 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.50
- Website www.henricksbar.com
Relaxed Meadows-side bar with a good wine list and cheery service; popular option for families or pre-theatre crowd.
Refurbished in early 2016, new lighting and flooring and a lick of paint have given this venue a warmer, brighter, feel while retaining a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. Catering to a broad market, including family groups, locals and theatregoers, the menu straddles the pub and bistro genres. Haggis bonbons, fish and chips or well-flavoured burgers will keep the comfort food brigade happy while salmon terrine, gnocchi or witch sole should appeal to those wanting something lighter. Desserts are more adventurous; peanut butter parfait is pleasingly light though a salted maple panacotta with pecan ‘jam’ is perhaps less well judged. There’s a strong emphasis on high quality drinks, with a good selection of cocktails, gins and whiskies and a keenly priced wine list which includes helpful descriptions of the varietals available. Wine buffs should note that Henricks hosts regular wine society evenings, winery dinners and whisky and cigar evenings.
An independent neighbourhood bar, specialising in great food, excellent cocktails, choice wines and friendly service.
Each Monday night of the month Henricks host industry experts keen to share their passion and inside knowledge of their specialist field. The first Monday of every month is dedicated to grapes with The Wine Society, the second to all things juniper-related with Ginthusiasts, on the third Monday we have the Aqua Vitae Whisky Club, and finally, we unleash the creativity of our chef and butcher to bring you a taste of the wild and exotic with Meat Mondays.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic soundtracks, indie
- Live entertainment: Occasional wine tastings, whisky and cigar or cocktail evenings
- Capacity: 55 (10 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20 (or whole venue hire)
- Open since: 2006 (2010 under current owners)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle