This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 556 0006
- Seasonal times Mon–Sun noon–11pm during Festival
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £7.90 (set lunch); £12.90 (set evening meal)
- Website www.pierrevictoirerestaurant.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
With 29 years of history in Edinburgh, Pierre Victoire has experienced both highs and lows to triumph as a local favourite. Set at the north end of the New Town and next to Canonmills, the bistro is slightly secluded but this adds somewhat to its charm. A quiet street offers a contrasting backdrop to this lively spot that ticks all the boxes when it comes to bistro dining: daily specials scrawled on blackboards, bentwood chairs, checked tablecloths and of course classic French dishes. Diners should expect a selection of reasonably priced steaks, seafood, cassoulets and an ever-changing specials board which means that no two visits to the bistro will be the same. The extensive menu is accompanied by an equally impressive wine list with plenty of house specials to order by the glass, half-litre carafe or full bottle. To further tempt diners, they offer set-price monthly buffet nights and an incredibly reasonable lunch menu. [Not recently visited.]
- Private dining: Up to 45 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: May 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £14.75 per bottle
Reviews & features
Chez Pierre5 Jun 2008
Sometimes we get a bit too serious about food. But then it is a serious business, it’s what keeps us upright, but like any realm of human interest some folk, among them food journalists and chefs, become just a bit too earnest about the whole subject.
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 19 reviews of Pierre Victoire./5 from RSS feed of these comments