A Room in Leith
- Telephone 0131 554 7427
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1pm
- Seasonal times Winter: Thu/Fri 5–10pm; Sat/Sun noon–3.30pm, 5–10pm. Closed Mon–Wed.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10.30am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Fri 5.30–10pm; Sat/Sun noon–3.30pm, 5.30–10pm.
- Average price £14.50 (set lunch); £21 (set evening meal)
- Website teuchtersbar.co.uk/a-room-in-leith-scottish-restaurant-leith-edinburgh/
An established favourite offering an affordable spread of Scottish classics and seafood dishes.
This reliable neighbourhood restaurant offers a seasonal spread of Scottish classics that won't empty your wallet. The focus is on a mix of meat and fish dishes plus a couple of veggie options with larger sharing platters of meat, veg or seafood, while weekends see a brunchy lunch menu come into play. With the options changing every six weeks, there’s plenty to keep the regulars coming back. The Room, like its sister outlet in the West End, fills the gap between good pub grub and higher-end dining, offering well-cooked standards at a price that makes eating here a regular treat rather than an occasional extravagance. A deliciously crispy smoked salmon Scotch egg comes with a gooey yolk, a hefty slab of pigeon breast sits on a fat disc of savoy cabbage with clapshot and red wine gravy, and a warm clootie dumpling with rum custard, pear and maple compote seals the deal. When you're full, why not stroll across to the neighbouring Teuchters Landing for a wee nightcap?
- High point: A dependable old friend that won’t break the bank
- Low point: A menu of classics rather than innovations
- Notable dish: Crispy smoked salmon scotch egg with roasted red pepper relish and aioli
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: A little of everything
- Capacity: 60 (15 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
- BYOB: £4.50 for wine / £5.50 for fizz corkage