A Room in Leith
- Telephone 0131 554 7427
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1pm
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10.30am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Thu 4–9pm; Fri–Sun noon–9pm.
- Website teuchtersbar.co.uk/a-room-in-leith-scottish-restaurant-leith-edinburgh
Well-cooked Scottish produce, with plenty of choice and great service, in this waterfront room.
Hidden away around a corner at the end of a cobbled lane near the Leith waterfront, this room is actually three adjoining nautically themed spaces with a sunny conservatory and a bright outdoor terrace. The lengthy and varied menu features traditional Scottish options like fish and chips, haggis and Cullen skink, as well as more adventurous choices of game, seafood and veggie options, such as seared hare fillet, monkfish curry and whole baked brie. A starter of warm smoked partridge with bramble and bacon is a hearty and satisfying way to begin, while pan-fried scallops are lightly cooked and served in their shells. A main of seared venison loin is served with celeriac and potato dauphinoise and a rich port gravy, while a fabulously hearty and filling fish pie features coley, salmon, smoked haddock and cheese mash. Desserts include lemon posset with sponge, dark chocolate pot and whisky and ginger ice cream. As the sister venue of nearby Teuchters Landing, drink options are plentiful. Service is exemplary too, making this a room well worth seeking out.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 60 (15 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle