- Telephone 0141 559 6799
- Seasonal times Closed Mon, Dec–Mar
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–11pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm. (Closed Mon, Dec–Mar)
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri noon–9pm; Sat noon–6.15pm
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.citation-glasgow.com
Neo-classical columns front Citation's split-level form, which contains a ground-floor tavern and more opulent dining room upstairs.
Citation occupies one of the Merchant City’s grandest Victorian buildings – the former Sheriff Court – and crossing the threshold of the magnificent neo-classical facade feels like it should lead to a glamorous, special-occasion evening. It comes as a surprise then that the restaurant majors on a bargain ‘market menu’ at just £14.95 for two courses and a glass of wine or beer, available till 9pm (6.15pm on Saturday), and that the food tends to be no-nonsense, somewhat old-fashioned favourites like prawn cocktail, roast beef, fish and chips and breast of chicken. It’s a formula that works for many shoppers, visitors and loyal locals, ensuring the place is particularly busy in the early evening. With two smart bars stocked with a huge range of gins and whiskies, a killer cocktail list and a good line in champagne and prosecco, the glamour's more evident on the liquid side of the business than the hearty, dependable food.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £19.95 per bottle