- Telephone 0141 564 7988
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–10pm; Fri–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.lebowskis.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
If you look hard enough, chances are it’s possible that a whole A-Z of ephemera from the film that Lebowskis has taken its title and inspiration from can be found inside the premises – but in the interest of brevity, T is for ten pin bowls integrated into a table and W is for a whole load of White Russians (26, to be precise). Food comes by way of soup, sandwiches, salads and killer burgers that have been in no way diminished by the rash of new openings in the city lately. Portions aren’t for the faint-hearted, and neither is the sprawling collection of toppings ready to pimp your patty – mozzarella coats a free-range Fife chicken fillet like a melted cheese spider web. Lebowskis wine list is laid out cleanly and pleasingly, and Scottish beers also feature in its repertoire, but it’s got to be a milk-based bevvy. It’s what the Dude would have wanted.
- High point: Good-quality comestibles prove this place is niche without being gimmicky
- Low point: You’ll struggle for a seat towards the end of the week
- Notable dish: The Macbowski fillet burger
- Private dining: n/a
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Northern Soul
- Live entertainment: Something every night except Tuesday. Open mic nights, DJs every Fri and Sat, puz quiz etc
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 16 reviews of Lebowskis./5 from RSS feed of these comments