- Telephone 0141 564 7988
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.lebowskis.co.uk
Burgers and White Russians at this popular Finnieston pub titled and themed after the famously laid-back star of The Big Lebowski.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
How ironic that a dressing-gowned man of low ambition – the Dude in the Coen Brothers’ movie The Big Lebowski – should have become the inspirational start of an expanding hospitality empire, taking in nearby The Finnieston and Porter & Rye, plus a few other city-wide venues. In this low-lit hangout with a sign declaring ‘Abide’, remain some simple, dependable pleasures – mainly burgers by way of food, washed down with the Dude’s drink of choice: White Russian cocktails (they mix almost 30 variants of caucasian). One burger is stacked so tall you practically need two mouths – between distant halves of brioche bun lie a beef patty, a mac ’n’ cheese fritter (yes, this is a thing), smoked bacon, molasses jam, tomato and lettuce. The Karl Hungus White Russian – White Mozart Chocolate liqueur, crème de banana, chocolate sauce and 50/50 milk and cream – is as much a liquid dessert as it is a cocktail.
- High point: A great buzz when it’s busy – which is often
- Low point: Undignified squeeze into a too-narrow window booth
- Notable dish: The Lebowski burger
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Live entertainment: DJs every Fri and Sat, puz quiz Wed, live acoustic music Thu and Sun.
- Capacity: 56
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
The first National Buckfast Day: what you need to know8 May 2015
From sausages to cocktails and buckateers, there’s more to buckie than a bad rep
Saturday 9 May 2015 is the first ever National Buckfast Day. A recent campaign [https://www.facebook.com/events/1570596249881818/] started for ‘a much needed day dedicated to the World's Greatest Wine’, with plans to celebrate each year on the second…