Sonny & Vito's
- Telephone 0141 357 0640
- Seasonal times Winter: Mon–Sun 9am–6pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 10am–7pm.
- Average price £5 (set lunch)
This review is taken from the current (2015) edition.
With dining spots nestled next to the deli counter and stocks of cooking books, taking a table here feels like joining in an already bustling occasion, even on quiet days. This warm atmosphere is why Sonny & Vito’s is truly beloved of its regulars. A rich chorizo casserole is a cold-weather favourite and features paprika smoked red peppers that warmly linger on your tastebuds. The goat’s cheese here is sublime, arguably some of the best in the West End and is nicely complemented within a beetroot sandwich. Cakes are baked freshly each morning by the owner and can include an almond tart with a raspberry base and really damn good chocolate brownies. Hot chocolate here is of a high standard, with cream, alluring flavour and lavish presentation. Best for a relaxed sit-in meal – if you can manage to get a table.
- High point: Selection of alluring cakes
- Low point: Service can appear overly relaxed
- Notable dish: Chorizo casserole
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 25
- Largest group: No reservations
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Glasgow’s Italian food through the generations3 Jul 2015
A look at the descendants of original Italian immigrants filling the city with great Italian food
Sweet-toothed Scots appreciated the Italians as soon as they arrived here. In the 1930s the great-grandmother of Giovanna Eusebi, who runs Eusebi Deli in Shettleston, found a way straight to Scots’ hearts. ‘She sold ice-cream in the cinemas. She was a…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of Sonny & Vito's./5 from RSS feed of these comments