- Telephone 0141 333 1881
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 4.30–7.30pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
Consistent and enduringly popular Cantonese restaurant with something for everyone.
China Blue is a well-appointed Chinese restaurant in the heart of the city, just a stone's throw away from the hustle and bustle of Sauchiehall Street. Hidden above a newsagent, it would be easy to miss entirely with only a small blue sign and set of stairs hinting at the busy restaurant above. The décor is fairly low-fi, with red and white tablecloths and a laminated menu. The offerings are extensive, with all dishes listed in both English and Mandarin – a reflection of China Blue's popularity among the city's Chinese contingent. The amount of dishes on offer might be overwhelming for the average diner, although staff are on hand to offer pointers for both traditional and adventurous diners alike. A page of Malaysian choices is particularly noteworthy, with curry-like hot pots delivering a fragrant fresh heat in portions that are almost too large for one person. The restaurant also offers an impressive pre-theatre menu (£9.95 for two courses) for guests who might be heading to any of the nearby theatres, cinemas or concert halls.
- High point: Authentic traditional flavours
- Low point: Quite dated décor
- Notable dish: Malaysian hot pot
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle