A regular haunt for those on their way to the theatre, Alla Turca is Glasgow’s go-to place for traditional Turkish food and music.
With a name derived from Mozart’s piece that is more popularly known as the Turkish March, Alla Turca is a fine example of Turkish cuisine that hits all the right notes. There is a clear affinity to doing meat properly (most of which is halal and sourced from Al Baraka on Great Western Road), with a number of signature grills that stand out. The Sultan’s Feast, created to honour Alla Turca’s tenth year, is a veritable celebration for two with a generous selection of lamb chops and fillet, barbecue chicken and kofte shish. Beef shish, which uses fillet of Aberdeen Angus, sits upon a casserole peppered with roast chestnuts – an often-used ingredient in Turkish cooking – and one that gives both texture and an exciting edge to the dish. Vegetarians will likely be drawn to an appealing variety of mezzes such as kisir (spiced couscous, walnut and hazelnut), sarma (vine leaves stuffed with sultanas and pine nuts) or borek (pastry with feta and parsley), all of which are freshly made each day.
- High point: In-house entertainment by saz (a stringed Turkish instrument) at weekend
- Low point: Half menu is an all-Italian affair to accommodate downstairs
- Notable dish: Beef shish
Alla Turca Grill & Mezze Bar is an award-winning Glasgow restaurant offering authentic Turkish cuisine in the heart of Glasgow city centre. There is live background music, with a romantic and cosy ambience.
Featuring stylish and modern décor, Alla Turca has a perfect dining atmosphere, along with a blend of authentic and modern culinary specialities, including finest Scottish beef, hand dived Shetland king scallops, mixed grill speciality and chocolate & amaretto mousse. There is a great selection of wines at affordable prices, in addition to fine bottles and Champagnes.
Alla Turca restaurant has a private dining room for up to 40 people and private functions for up to 100 people are available across 2 floors. Pre theatre dining options are also a popular choice at Alla Turca.
Very close to Kings Theatre and Theatre Royal, Alla Turca Glasgow is also a 5-minute drive from SECC. Alla Turca offers an affordable Turkish dining experience in a contemporary setting.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Turkish Music
- Live entertainment: Traditional Turkish music on a Saz (kind of balalaika/ lute)
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle