- Telephone 0141 332 5300
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–11pm; Sun 5–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 2–6pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.allaturca.co.uk
Traditional Turkish restaurant in the city centre, serving authentic dishes made with fresh, locally sourced produce.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Tucked off Sauchiehall Street and popular with the hungry pre-theatre crowd but equally good for a more laid-back meal, Alla Turca serves up freshly prepared Turkish fare in a warm and welcoming setting. Take a pew in one of the leather booths lit tastefully with mosaic lamps, and choose between ‘wild’ and ‘classic’ mezes to begin your meal, ranging from Shetland scallops with mini kofte and lemon butter to grilled spicy beef sausages called ‘sucuk’. A main course of king prawns with artichoke dolma, mozzarella and truffle mash is beautifully presented and a lovely combination of flavours – it’s only fault being too generously portioned. Familiar chicken and lamb shish are also available, plus the ‘signature grill’ which includes steak, beef and duck, ranging in price from £14.95 to £25.95. Vegetarians have a couple of interesting options, such as roast chestnut and mushroom casserole with rice and salad. Round-off your meal with baklava and ice-cream and a shot of strong Turkish coffee, served in an ornate silver cup.
- High point: Complimentary mini Baileys or champagne cocktail with dessert
- Low point: Tables rather packed together
- Notable dish: Duck shish with roast chestnut casserole and salad
Alla Turca Grill & Mezze Bar is an award-winning Glasgow restaurant offering authentic Turkish cuisine in the heart of Glasgow city centre. There is live background music, with a romantic and cosy ambience.
Featuring stylish and modern décor, Alla Turca has a perfect dining atmosphere, along with a blend of authentic and modern culinary specialities, including finest Scottish beef, hand dived Shetland king scallops, mixed grill speciality and chocolate & amaretto mousse. There is a great selection of wines at affordable prices, in addition to fine bottles and Champagnes.
Alla Turca restaurant has a private dining room for up to 40 people and private functions for up to 100 people are available across 2 floors. Pre theatre dining options are also a popular choice at Alla Turca.
Very close to Kings Theatre and Theatre Royal, Alla Turca Glasgow is also a 5-minute drive from SECC. Alla Turca offers an affordable Turkish dining experience in a contemporary setting.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional Turkish music
- Live entertainment: Traditional Turkish music on a Saz (kind of balalaika/ lute)
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle