The Chippy Doon The Lane
- Telephone 0141 225 5615
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9.30pm
- Typical order haddock supper (£8.45)
- Website www.thechippyglasgow.com
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Whether the lane in question exudes shabby charm or is plain old shabby, the presentation inside this welcoming chippy 'doon' it is undeniably stylish. Attention is paid to the smallest details, from the lemon wedge garnish and paper tub of home-made tartare sauce to the cardboard box in which all meals come, even if you're eating in at one of the sturdy wooden tables. The overall impression is a little more wholesome than the usual chipper, backed up by the kitchen's buying policy of Scottish and sustainable produce. The menu offers the traditional singles and suppers plus monkfish tail, lemon sole and wholetail scampi. Healthier options are there too, and smoked haddock fish-cakes come with chilli sauce and salad.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Unobtrusive pop
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle