Dakota Bar and Grill
- Telephone 0870 423 4293
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am
- Food served Mon–Fri 6–10am, noon–2.30pm, 6–10:30pm; Sat 7–11am, noon–2.30pm, 6–10pm; Sun 7–11am, 1–5pm, 6–9pm.
- Average price £23 (lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.dakotaforthbridge.co.uk
Smart boutique hotel offering a modern take on grill room dining.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It may look like a black office block located at the side of the motorway at South Queensferry, but the Dakota Hotel houses a stylish bar and restaurant that is far removed from traditional interpretations of hotel dining. The kitchen places an emphasis on seasonality and simplicity rather than one particular style. That means you easily could find a French classic, like chicken with truffle butter, dauphinoise and creamed cabbage with bacon, vying for attention on the same menu as a more exotic monkfish curry. Steaks and burgers are grilled over open coals, there’s a Sunday roast and, for those wanting something lighter, a compact bar menu.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 132
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 112
- Largest group: 40 private dining
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £20 per bottle
Reviews & features
Roy Brett, of Dakota Forth Bridge, on his favourite fishmonger: DR Collin and Sons1 May 2009
Within minutes of leaving Edinburgh’s city centre, you can find yourself in beautiful countryside, on amazing sandy beaches or in friendly little fishing towns that are especially great for me when I’m looking to source the best produce around. When it…