- Telephone 0845 166 6004
- Bar open Sun–Wed 11am–11pm; Thu–Sat 11am–11.45pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am-10pm.
- Average price £7.99 (set lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.thecricklewood.co.uk
The Cricklewood always did a nice line in ‘country pub’, and a recent refit seems to have let more light and modernity in through the windows as well. There’s just enough of the G1 Group’s steady hand in the background to make it a safe bet for food, too. Alongside burgers and steaks from Castle of Mey are gastropub-esque dishes like a spatchcocked half-chicken with broad beans and nduja sausage, or ‘lamb henry’ (bone-in, slow-cooked shoulder) with a chilli, parmesan and lemon gremolata for dipping. This is well-thought out stuff. And the diversity of the menu – including several seafood dishes – ensures a wide customer base from Bothwell and nearby Hamilton. As with most G1 eateries, a separate lunch card strips things back a bit for a decent saving, while the Sunday lunch is another draw – indeed, a sunny Sunday, eating at one of the Cricklewood’s conservatory tables, is a most agreeable option.
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic and contemporary pop, rock, soul
- Live entertainment: modern covers acts - singer/pianist or singer/acoustic guitarist, etc
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: not known - a long time ago
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £12.99 per bottle