Turnip & Enjoy
- Telephone 0141 334 6622
- Food served Wed–Fri noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Sat/Sun noon–10pm. Closed Mon/Tue. Closed Mon/Tue
- Average price £13.95 (set lunch); £27 (evening meal)
- Website www.turnipandenjoy.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Regardless of how you may feel about the ‘Turnip &’ addition to the name in 2015 - which will largely depend on how you view puns - there’s no denying that the original ‘Enjoy’ part is still apt at a bistro that has been keeping Kelvinbridgers and more well fed for years. Originally more of a café operation, this family-run affair notched things up and started dishing out imaginative, attractive and, yes, enjoyable food, befitting of the stylish, continental vibe of the place, where original features and ornate flourishes mingle pleasantly with exposed brickwork and wooden furnishings. A keenly priced market menu at lunchtimes or weekday evenings offers a bargain taste of the creativity in the kitchen without dropping the quality of the ingredients or the high-end French-inspired flourishes. Expect the likes of chorizo crumble over black pudding and slow-cooked duck egg, ox cheek pudding with smoked bone marrow mash or a dark chocolate fondant with salt caramel ice-cream.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle