Turnip & Enjoy
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 334 6622
- Food served Tue–Thu 5–10pm; Fri-Sun noon–3pm, 5–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 5–7pm
- Average price £18 (lunch); £26 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £18.95
- Website www.turnipandenjoy.co.uk
While Turnip & Enjoy has been keeping local Kelvinbridgers and more well fed for ten years – previously as more of a café operation, recent years have seen it transformed into a top-end bistro, bordering on the finer side of dining. A stylish yet informal venue, with a pleasant continental vibe, the upscaling of the food paid off in 2016 when they were awarded an AA Rosette. There’s been the inevitable creep up in prices – which had previously offered a real bargain for cooking of this calibre. Lunctime service has recently reduced to only on Fri-Sun, with the once great-value set lunch menu gone, yet lunchtimes still offer top-notch dining at reasonable prices. The lunch and evening à la carte menus lay on the French-inspired flourishes while maintaining a Scottish edge with the likes of bacon dashi with rabbit ballotine, seabuckthorn with duck liver bavarois, or shiitake haggis croustillant.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle