- Telephone 0141 552 5736
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon-midnight; Fri–Sat noon-1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £13.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.adlibglasgow.com
American-themed diner based in an old fire station, serving burgers, quality beers and plenty of pulled-pork.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The younger sister of the similarly American-themed Hope Street branch of Ad Lib is all grown up, having undergone a major refurbishment in early 2016 which makes overwhelmingly better use of the former fire station’s considerable size and period features. Marble walls and the original fire station clock are complemented by low-hanging bare filament lightbulbs and cocktail sofas for a mix-and-match retro feel. The slightly odd Pillars of Zeus burger special – Moroccan lamb, feta cheese, pulled pork, salsa and curried mayo – is a less harmonious blend, but you have to admire the sense of adventure. Much more satisfying is the starter of southern-fried chicken popcorn served with delicious smoky barbecue mayo – a different class of finger food. For all the mention of brioche buns and optional smoked brisket and Jack cheese toppings, Ad Lib’s core burgers stand out from the fashionable mainstream with unusual variants like Indian curried potato and chickpea. Maple-barbecued chicken breast is recommended from among the smoke house mains. From the sweets, double chocolate Oreo sundae with marshmallows and chocolate cake is a fine American mess.
- High point: Good beer selection
- Low point: The incessant electro-swing soundtrack
- Notable dish: Southern-fried chicken popcorn served with smoky barbecue mayo
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Electro swing
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri and Sat
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2006, closed 2010; again 2012, refurbished 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £16.45 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Monday Night Quiz
General knowledge quiz with cash prize up for grabs.