American-themed diner based in an old fire station, serving burgers, quality beers and plenty of soul food classics.
A considerate renovation project in 2016 retained many of the original features of the old Central Fire Station – beautiful Victorian marble, original light fittings and old pictures of bygone fire crews (including their famous mascot, Wallace the Fire Dog) who used to be stationed in the building adds a sense of history to this Merchant City hot spot. The menu is extensive and centres on Southern grill and soul food-style dishes. Buttermilk fried chicken tenders are served sizzling with a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce that complements the crispy batter well. South Western-spiced rib-eye, full of charred meat flavours and a delicate warmth is recommended, while the fajitas – with their fresh salsa and Jack cheese strike a great balance between chipotle heat and the zingy citrus. A side cup of mac ’n’ cheese adds to the comforting homely vibe – gooey, satisfying and served in USA supersized portions. Manager Adriana and her team work hard to keep that homely vibe with their friendly enthusiasm for the menu – especially the gut-busting Oreo Sundae.
- Delivery: via deliveroo
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: mix of disco and pop
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri and Sat, Comedy nights, quiz nights
- Capacity: 135
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2006, closed 2010; again 2012, refurbished 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £16.45 per bottle