A classy pub dishing up good food and drink to Canonmills locals and hungry office workers.
The Orchard's soft colours, stained-glass windows and pretty lighting make for a welcoming atmosphere, even when rugby fans are exclaiming at the action on the TV. With food and drink, there's care taken in making sure all tastes are catered for. Tennents traditionalists aren't forgotten, but cask enthusiasts and higher end beer fans will also find something to tempt them. The wine, gin and whisky lists are generous, as are the portions. There was a time when pub, purée and jus were not words you'd expect to find in the same sentence, but the kitchen team enjoy unleashing their finer skills on daily and seasonal specials. Pigeon breast, saddle of rabbit or seared scallops crop up among more traditional pub grub options, making this a popular choice for local office workers and residents alike.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 140 (15 outdoors)
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £18 per bottle