- Telephone 0131 226 7533
- Food served Mon–Sat 8.30am–5pm; Sun 10.30am–5pm.
- Average price £8.50 (lunch)
- Website www.sprio.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
The colourful, design savvy interior and good coffee at this little deli/café give a nod to owner Marcello Sprio’s home town of Milan. With imported Italian sweets, Italian newspapers, magazines and radio it is only the Tunnock’s teacakes that remind you this particular side street lies just off the main Stockbridge strip rather than in northern Italy. Piadine form the core of the menu filled with the likes of contina cheese and a selection of air-dried hams. There are also a selection of northern Italian dishes based around the likes of polenta and beef carpaccio available in large and small portions. There may only be 15 seats inside but the pace within is leisurely enough to encourage lingering.
- High point: Milan comes to Stockbridge
- Low point: Left the Italian phrasebook at home
- Delivery: Local area
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian radio
- Capacity: 15
- Largest group: 5
- Open since: 2006
- BYOB: no charge corkage