Vittoria on the Bridge
- Telephone 0131 225 1740
- Seasonal times Festival: Fri/Sat 10am–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Tue 10am–10pm; Wed–Sat 10am–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 5–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £18.95 for three courses and a drink - Showbiz menu
- Website www.vittoriarestaurant.com
Bustling city-centre venue with a loyal, friendly staff serving Italian classics made from quality ingredients.
Close to the Royal Mile and its visitor attractions, this establishment is ideally placed for hungry tourists seeking an Italian experience in the city centre. It's also popular with students and other regulars – one diner has allegedly visited every day since 2007, so it must be doing something right. Stairs from the main dining area lead to the party room and to Divino Enoteca, a sister wine bar that is ideal for a drink before or after dinner. The lengthy menu offers a host of favourites, well-prepared using high-quality produce. That is evident in starters such as melanzanne alla parmigiana in which tomato and basil enhance mozzarella wrapped in aubergine slices. Mains span pizza, meat and fish dishes that could include perfectly cooked sea bass with gnocchi, and pasta such as al dente spaghetti con polpette – a simple and tasty marriage of perfectly seasoned meatballs and a rich tomato sauce. Desserts cover all the bases, too, from daily specials and ice-cream to the aptly titled Vittoria grand challenge sundae.
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 200 (15 outdoors)
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Reviews & features
Enjoy a family fun day out at the Fringe10 Jul 2018
Grab a bite to eat, chill out at the Circus Hub and catch a world-class show
Planning a day out at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe can be a daunting task – with a massive 3,548 shows in 317 venues across an entire city, you may not know where to start. Add kids into that equation and it can feel like mission impossible.
Best kid-friendly restaurants in Edinburgh31 May 2018
Buggies, toys and tots are welcome at these child-friendly cafés, pubs and restaurants
Great for parents with buggies, toddlers with discerning appetites and kids yearning for a play area or pack of crayons, these child-friendly eateries are great for the whole family - no baby sitter required.