Qua Italian Restaurant
- Telephone 0141 552 6233
- Opening times Daily: 11.30am–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11.30am–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 4–8pm; Fri/Sat 4–7pm
- Website www.quarestaurant.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Situated in the fashionable Merchant City area, Qua likes to think of itself as a stylish place to eat quality Italian food, the way they do back home. The décor is minimalist, with red and black furniture dominating the large dining area which is spread over two floors, the only artwork on show is the large mural of the Rialto Bridge in Venice. The vast menu covers all bases from pizzas, pastas, and salads to fish, meat and blackboard specials. Try the ricotta and spinach tortellini to start – the superior ingredients used lift the appetizer above the norm, while an accomplished tomato sauce – so often bland in other restaurants – brings the dish together. From the meat section, the old retro classic tournedos rossini impresses with superior buttery beef fillet, though the generic sauce is lacking and rather acidic. Justifiably popular are their hand-stretched pizzas – available with a multitude of different toppings.
- High point: High-quality ingredients
- Low point: Huge menu compromises freshness
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Contemporary Italian and pop
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 110
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12