- Telephone 0141 550 2050
- Opening times Sun–Tue 10am–9pm; Wed–Sat 10am–11pm
- Bar open Mon–Wed 10am–10pm Thur–Sun 10am–11pm
- Food served Mon–Wed 10am-9pm; Thu–Sun 10am–9.45pm
- Average price £4.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.cafetibo.com
Colourful, eclectic Dennistoun bistro with varied menus centring on locally sourced produce, with friendly service and regular entertainments.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
This cheerful bohemian bistro exudes warmth from its corner location on bustling Duke Street. Cute little lanterns and flickering candlelight give a gentle and peaceful feel to the dining space, while the interesting art on the walls add to the eclectic, artsy vibe nicely complementing the varied, globally influenced menu. To start, haggis croquettes are hearty and full of flavour beside a rich, creamy Drambuie sauce adding a luxurious element to the dish. Fishcakes are full of bright, zesty flavours that work well with the accompanying chilli and lime salad. Mains include a towering burger complete with tasty pastrami and gooey Applewood cheddar – perfectly paired with chunky home-style chips. Beef and Stornoway black pudding chilli is rich and flavoursome thanks to the addition of dark chocolate, and with coriander rice is an excellent example of fusion food. A wide range of pizzas, baking and daily specials means there is plenty on offer throughout the day. The charmingly friendly staff work hard to make customers feel completely at home in this neighbourhood favourite.
- High point: Hospitable welcome and eclectic décor
- Low point: Toilets could use a bit of TLC
- Notable dish: Stornoway Chilli
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: indie/pop mix
- Live entertainment: acoustic open mic last Sunday of the month
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £12.75 per bottle